Spear’s, the multi-award-winning media brand for ultra-high-net-worth individuals and the professionals who advise them, is seeking an experienced research manager as it expands its coverage of private client advisers and service-providers to (U)HNWs. This newly created role provides an opportunity for the right candidate to join the team at a pivotal moment in the development of Spear’s as a brand and as a business.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage the research and publication/promotion of the industry-leading Spear’s indices and rankings, and help Spear’s to cement its reputation as an indispensable source of industry insight for (U)HNWs and the private client advisers they rely upon
- Carry out research interviews with leading figures from the wealth management industry and related sectors
- Design surveys and data journalism projects
- Contribute ideas and intelligence to Spear’s editorial output and attend regular planning sessions
- Coach junior team members and play an active role in their development
- Upload and optimise content across the Spear’s websites
- Help build and engage the Spear’s community of private client advisers and service-providers to (U)HNWs via social media and in person
- Engage with influencers, journalists and PRs to create a network of content champions
- Contribute ideas and consistently achieve the highest editorial standards according to house style and SEO guidelines
- Assist the editors with ad hoc commercial projects for the wider group
- Successfully curate intelligence from a large number of data analysts, editors and experts from within the wider group
- Be an accomplished researcher and/or project manager with at least 4 years’ experience
- Have considerable and demonstrable experience of working with data and databases
- Take a digital-first approach to publishing
- Be committed to forward-planning and hitting deadlines
- Recognise the relationship between research, data and high-quality, data-driven journalism
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to the expansion of Spear’s as a brand and business
- Have impeccable attention to detail
- Be committed to producing excellent work
- Be comfortable representing the interests of very wealthy readers and their advisers
Other desirable attributes include:
- A good understanding of SEO and analytics – and how these forces should influence content
- A strong understanding of social media, particularly as a means to generate traffic and engagement
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
About New Statesman Media Group
We explain how the world is changing for decision-makers in need of data-driven answers. We help our readers to lead effectively and define policies using the same rigour and quality journalism for which the New Statesman has long been admired.
This approach is part of our history. In April 1913, the New Statesman was founded as a journal for “rational and scientific method”. The founders, Beatrice and Sydney Webb, took a forward-thinking approach to journalistic curiosity that still prevails today. The enlightened thinking of the New Statesman, combined with data-driven business journalism that uses science, rather than prejudice, is at the heart of the New Statesman Media Group.
Our sites will soon expand to cover banking, investment, energy, media, city planning, politics, technology and lifestyle. Using the most extensive datasets in the world we help decipher and explain everything from the geopolitical forces shaping investment flows to technological disruption driving the clean energy transition.
New Statesman Media Group has data at its core and will set standards for sourcing, explaining and visualising it. But while data informs our stories, our unparalleled network of experts and thought leaders will tell them. Our content is brought to you by some of the world’s leading business and finance editors, digital experts, content specialists, data-driven journalists and data scientists.
How to apply
Please email send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Research Manager Application’ in the subject line. Please attach your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would be a good fit for the role.