This is a varied role and an excellent opportunity for an organised, efficient, imaginative person to help run a lively magazine, develop our marketing and enhance our brand
Spear's is recruiting a new managing editor. This is a varied role and an excellent opportunity for an organised, efficient, imaginative person to help run a lively magazine, develop our marketing and enhance our brand.
You'll be joining the close-knit team of an authoritative and well-respected media brand, which includes a magazine, a website, events programme and research unit. Spear's covers every aspect of the high-net-worth world, from finance to philanthropy, art to entrepreneurialism, with insight, wit and style.
The managing editor will be responsible for the production of the magazine, working externally with contributors, advertisers and print providers, and internally with Production, Sales and Marketing.
– Managing the publication's day-to-day operations – this includes running the office (timesheets/HR/general enquiries), managing contributors, work prioritisation, allocation of resource, planning and monitoring of schedules.
– Coordinating the production schedule for the publication, creating flat plans, liaising with all the key positions (writers/reporters, illustrators, graphic designers, sub-editors and sales).
– Tracking and reporting on the progress of work to ensure copy and illustrations come in on time and that production runs to schedule.
– Developing marketing initiatives, partnerships with clients and raise brand awareness, always working with the Spear's brand in mind.
You should be willing to represent Spear's at external events, and to help out with Spear's own events including our annual Book Awards, Wealth Management Awards and Young Turk Awards.
There are plenty of perks to working at Spear's, including luxury travel assignments, restaurant and bar reviews, so an ability to write well is an advantage.
How to Apply
Please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com (subject: Job application).
Deadline: 15 May 2015.
– Project management, including the ability to coordinate a number of projects simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities.
– Negotiation and persuasion.
– Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise on a daily basis.
– Written and oral communication abilities and interpersonal skills.
– Ability to work to tight deadlines.
– Ability to work alone and as part of a team with a variety of personalities.
– Ability to work well under pressure.
– Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
– Ability to write articles, reviews etc.