Shot Before Dawn
The Players, The Parties
One Night Only at The Ivy
When actors took over from waiters at The Ivy to raise money for charity, only blissful chaos could ensue. Here are photos of the stars of stage and screen in action.
Actors who took part included: Julian Fellowes, Emma Thompson, Greg Wise, Simon Russell Beale, Sir Derek Jacobi, Samantha Bond, Imelda Staunton, Griff Rhys Jones, Roger Lloyd Pack, Eizabeth McGovern, Freddie Fox and Bill Paterson.
Photography by Dave Benett
Our specialists solve your HNW problems (gratis!)
In this new anti-tax-avoidance era, when so many tax reliefs have been withdrawn, I've heard that investing in a Business Property Renovation Allowance scheme is one of the few remaining good opportunities for maxing your tax position. Is it true that you can get up to 100 per cent tax relief on the amount invested? And what exactly are these schemes? How do they work? What are the upsides? Downsides?
In this climate, it is a relief to see one potentially attractive tax allowance come through unscathed from recent criticism
- STEP: Switzerland introducing law to confiscate dictators' funds
- NYT: JP Morgan fined £3m for wealth management failings
- The Woolwich Attack Must Not be Used as an Excuse to Restrict Civil Liberties
- Breaking: Withers, Speechly Bircham abandon merger
- Harry Potter raises £150,000 in auction of first editions annotated by authors
- Fortnightly newsletter
- Comment on articles
- Ask Spears's specialists
- Exclusive offers